Innovative Marine Aquariums

Macro Algae?

Crakeur

Well, the hair algae is getting out of control now. Between work and baby related stuff, I have been too busy to get to work removing it by hand and the stuff is everywhere. So, in an effort to make myself feel better, I am telling anyone that sees the tank that the lovely, swaying green stuff is actually my own strain of macro algae that I have dubbed mermaid's bush algae (maiden's hair was taken).

Anyone want a clump?

Chances are it is.....

Bryopsis plumaosa

Fun stuff. Non toxic, but grows in clumps or "tufts".

some herbiberious fish will eat it. Try a Scat.

Thanks fer the offer, but I have some of my own.

perhaps we can "swap" frags.:P

thought you said swap fags. For a minute there I got real nervous.

I was thinking of tossing a tang into the tank (maybe borrowing one from the big reef downtown) for a few days but I would then feel the need to do a water change every other day, if not every day to ensure that the fishies all live thru the process.

Currently have a lettuce nudi chomping away and it is doing a formidable job for a slug. The sallylightfoot I threw in doesn't like to show itself so I don't think much is going on there.

sheesh, can't remember where I got the nudi. they sell them in a few places. think I paid $12 for it. Will have to check back and see where it came from. Heading home for a water change and a tank inspection before the birthing class. Can't believe I am leaving work early for the tank. What's next? Selling my stereo and offering sex for corals?

I'm a reefaddict and a junkie.

turbo snails took care of my hair algae. this is twice now that a pair of turbos have taken care of it. i kind of "rent" them from the lfs.

Originally posted by Crakeur

Can't believe I am leaving work early for the tank.  What's next?  Selling my stereo and offering sex for corals?  

######..... thats illegal?

Sold it, & I MUST be good.... I have lots of corals.

Archived