Top Shelf Aquatics

Where to buy cheap acrylic 10g?

SteveC

Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone can suggest a supplier for cheap 10 gallon acrylic tanks (or anything about 20" wide). I've searched all over the web and most acrylic tank suppliers sell huge tanks which also seem to be very expensive compared to their glass equivalents (which makes sense, since they're probably a single molded piece).

I don't care if the tank is molded as one piece or if it's siliconed together like a glass tank is. I just want to be able to drill an overflow without having to try to drill glass. I've thought about getting an Eclipse 12 for this but it's a little pricey considering I would just toss the filter and the lamp.

Thanks!

Steve

From what i understand, most people go ahead and buy sheets of acrylic themselves and mold it into tanks. I am sure you will get tons of DIY instructions either here or at reef central.

Linus

Originally posted by Mnesarchus

Why would you want to order a tank online? Just go to an LFS... it'll be like $15.

I would love to, but the stores in my area only sell glass tanks unless they're complete kits like Eclipse systems. I haven't checked the chain stores, though, so maybe I'll try those.

Archived