Top Shelf Aquatics

new reefer

reefraymaster

reefraymaster

Hi I am going to be doing a 15 gallon nano reef, and would like some suggestions fish wise. could i keep a yellow tang in a 15 gallon or a white faced ribbon eel?

No....no no no no no no no no.

Please research any animals you plan on keeping.

Take the next 6 months to read before you buy anything.

Cheers,

Fred

dukester48

You should defenitely do your research but six months seems a little long.., But I do think you should research quite a bit. theres a good long thread that has a lot of info in it.., ( in the beginers section and it is called " 24G Nano Cube DX Startup, Setup, Manual for newbies, in the works " you should check this thread out.., also I dont think that you can keep a tang in a tank thats less than 50 gals or so...

ideally you shouldn't keep tangs in tanks less than 125, but some people do manage to get away with 55 and larger. Not a nano fish though.

go with Goby, percula, or wrasse. Put the wrasse in last because they can get aggressive. Try and put the clown in with a mated pair and make sure they are not the same size. The six line is a good wrasse and very hardy. dont get a cleaner wrasse

• 2 weeks later...
supermarvin76

Pleeeeeeease do not do that to a tang. I would agree that 6 months is crazy. However do remeber that you will be keeping LIVE animals, and you owe it to them to do proper resarch BEFORE buying. It is very difficult, especially when you are at the fish store and see that awesome fish that you must have...wait unitl you know what it is and all about it. Not only for the fish, but for your wallet too because some fish that are very pretty are extreamly difficult to keep. Anyway here is a link to a website that will tell you alot about most fish that you would like to keep. Hope this helps!!! Good Luck!!!http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/categ.cfm?pcatid=15

trolls never have a location or a sig

Whats also funny is the way poeple automatically assume the tang police position. He said or a RIBBON EEL. No one says a thing ???

reefraymaster B) please, its gettin old, and never funny

Archived