Top Shelf Aquatics

Will this fit in Chamber 2 or 3?

Web Guy

Has anyone tried to fit this in the back of the 12DX tank to grow some Chaeto? I have something else rigged up right now in Chamber 3 with it but was wondering if I could move my LR from Chamber 2 to 1 and fill up Chamber 2 with the Chaeto and that light. If I notched out the plastic light cover a little I sure think it would. Well if anyone has tried or know someone who has please let me know.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...4375708146&rd=1

Thanks,

Web Guy

Chronicles

It will if you cut a hole in the splash guard. It would basicly run exactly from the bottom to the very top of the hood.

I measured it and that is what I see, I wonder if the cord would rap under and go out the back thru a hole and gromet. For now I am using a small 4 watt bulb like on my sons 1 gallon tank. I figured it has to help. And if it keeps it alive I am going to mount it in the hood. I will cut square hole and replace it with clear plexi to let the light penetrate more. I have seen others keep it alive in the 3rd chamber just from light spill over.

I am going to Fry's tommorow for two new fans as discussed before and a power adapter for them. Thank god my LFS is nice and carrys most of the stuff I need. Chaeto was $5 for a nice large handfull or baggy.

I ordered this from ebay and they sent me a 20" one. they did send my money back but wouldnt send me the 13" light i guess they are out of stock. Cant find this light anywhere online. anyone knows where i can find it please reply. thanks.

This guy may have it soon.

http://www.aquatraders.com/index.asp?PageA...ATS&Category=28

I got it at my LFS for $10+tax. I put it in the 24 NC with some caulerpa and chaeto. After 3 weeks, I can see some minor chaeto growth and some new shoots on the caulerpa, but it's not crazy growth like a true fuge. I will put in another tube to see.

The Ebay seller wanted $10 for the light and $10 for shipping? That's funny.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived