Top Shelf Aquatics

2.5 gal pico questions

patio

which filter should i use?

which light should i use?

which heater should i use?

which power head should i use?

i would also like any advice that you people miht have. thanks

Well, it would kind of be helpful to know what the dimensions of your 2.5 are so we can recommend equipment that would fit it. Got any more info on your tank?

Cameron

mushroom head

I would use the Aquar clear mini. I think the Aqua clear mini would be enough flow for the tank. I would use a 50watt jebo heater. Foe the lighting i would use (2)13watt retro fits.

make a quicky hood, and throw in 2 20w 50/50 coralife screw ins, and a cooling fan in one side of the hood.

a good hob filter and maybe even an aquaglobe powerhead

I'm still looking for a good heater that will fit in the back of the hob

my whole hood cost me $40 to make including bulbs and is WAY bright in an 8" deep tank

make a quicky hood, and throw in 2 20w 50/50 coralife screw ins, and a cooling fan in one side of the hood.

a good hob filter and maybe even an aquaglobe powerhead

I'm still looking for a good heater that will fit in the back of the hob

my whole hood cost me $40 to make including bulbs and is WAY bright in an 8" deep tank

neanderthalman

Hey patio....your sig isn't working....try [/img] instead of /. Don't know much about different PH's and HOB's, but I've got a PH and love the flow...an HOB doesn't give you as much flow, but lets you keep chaeto....tough call really. I agree with snooker, pack as much light into your hood as you possibly can.

i went down to one of the lfs today and they guy was telling me i should go with the

http://petco.com/product_info.asp?familyid...er+Filters&ct3=

but i wasnt sure i asked about the aquaclear and he said they didnt have any left, it seemed like he just wanted me to buy something! it was cheap! only $20 but just wanted to make sure it was good before i get it! i dont really like that place, just go there because i eat at a place next to it like 3 times a week! i rarely buy anything! i dont think they like me either!:D

Daemonfly

I use the AC300 (or whatever it's new name is..) on a 2.5g with a AC Mini impeller. It fits, but doesn't leave you much room at all for anything else on the back of the tank.

its cool! i dont need much room in the back! im planning on putting the heater in the filter (if i need one) and digital thermomiter, and i dont think i will need a power head because of the wide mouth of the ac300

whats the AC Mini impeller?

i dont know what it is!

do you have to buy it or does it come with the AC systems?

can i get a pic of one please?

Daemonfly

Seperate "replacement" part. Impeller is the part with the blades in it that spin and cause the water movement. The AC Mini impeller is smaller and produces less flow, but will fit in the AC300.

SO, you get the volume of the AC300 filter, but the lower flow of the AC Mini.

Archived