Coral Vue Hydros

Artarmon...chiller idea

Chronicles

Interesting idea, but I don't want to have tubes coming in and out of my cube (yeah I know, stupid limitation that I enforce on myself ;) ).

I still think a workable idea is to use the PC liquid cooled technique, but getting a titanium tube that should be safe to stick inside the tank.

I am pleased with my current mod though (rear vent/fan). I've hit the max temp in my house (~80 when the AC kicks in), and have had no problems with cooling.

Chronicles

Been done...except this is for a heater for a pico.

7782pico_tape.JPG

Except now my idea is to build an Acrylic "box" in the nano cube stand. 15"x6"x10", it would have 2 hose barbs, some kind of access hole, and a fuge light. This would move the fuge under, giving more growing area, and add about 4-5gal to the overall total. Just an idea...I'd have to figure out an access hole to the cheato, maybe a big pvc endcap or some other sealed way.

sump5vl.jpg

Edit: I just thought of a few holes in this design...the pump would need to be at the bottom so it would self prime, I'd need a ball valve on the inlet pipe, so I could shut off the water and drain to open the access port, otherwise I'd get tank water overflowing. I could also put a ball valve for water changes in the middle, and make the return side baffle thinner, giving more room for cheato...about to pass out, I'll do it tomorrow

artarmon42

Wow, all that work for Chaeto and an Iceprobe :o

How many more gallons do you think that'll make the system?

I was wanting to do the same thing. At least build a fuge below in my JBJ Cabinet and house a light and such under there. You could also easily extend the shelf if needed. I will make the something to do down the rode. If you do it get some photos as you do to help me and others.:)

Archived