inTank Media Baskets

Starting fresh!

BlackSumbel

Well, given alot of research, alot of bugging people. Alot of alot, I'm scrapping the idea of a seahorse tank untill a future date.

Instead I'd like to attempt a medium-small Nano-Reef (a ten gallon still) for perhaps false percula (a pair maybe) and or orange firefish (a pair would be sooo wonderful). The percula would , ideally be a pair that I've found that have already matched up and even have a host Saebae anenome (any way to tie those buggers down?) basically,since these fish are more tolerant of the nessisary lighting and currents for corals, and are considered fairly good for beginngers, I'm going to think alot on this option, try keeping them for a while, and maybe (oh, I know I'll get attached) also start a seahorse tank in the future.

The corals I've been thinking of are....

Rose Coral (Manicinia Areolata) I LOVE this one.

Open Brain (Trachyphyllia)

Birdsnest (Pocillopora damicorais?) I really like this one.

Scroll Coral (Turbinaria)

Orange Sun Polyps (Tubastraea)

Broccoli/Green Tree? (Nephthea) Again, love.

Pink seamat (palythoa sp?) Loooove this one.

These seem to have the most mild nature, and fairly compatable requirements.

I'd also love to have red and yellow finger gorgonians, and some purple seawhip, along with various shades of sponges and of course... caulerpa!

Any adivce? Things to look out for? Any help on lighting requirements (Wats per gallon? Kelvens? Lumens?)

Would a pair of ODNO (Four-bulb ballast x 1) 24" T8s work over this kinda setup?

I'm considering caddy-cornering the bulbs to eliminate overhang. Would that even work?:D

Archived