Coral Vue Hydros

yellow watchman and tiger shrimp vanish

dukester48

I got a yellow watchman and a tiger pistol shrimp about 3 weeks ago and the most ive seen them is when I was aclimating them.., after I let them into the water and after they found each other I watched the shrimp dig their hole and then in they went..., since then Ive only seen the watchman about 3 times in the first week but havent seen him for about 2.., I know they are alive because their holes always look different and the tiger shrimp makes the loud clicking noise and he molted...

Has anyone had a problem w/ this they are both really cool looking but what is the point when I never see them.., the guy at the lfs told me that he has the same pair and they are really cool to watch work w/ each other but Ive yet to see anything like it..,

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if I just got a lame fish (also all my levels are great)

Perpetual98

I recently ran into the same thing. My tank isn't a nano though, it's a 120G tank. I put a Randall's goby in with a candy cane pistol shrimp. Haven't seen the shrimp to this day, and I can only assume it died. There's WAY too many nooks and crannies in my tank, so even if it was alive, who knows where it is. I occasionally see the goby, but never with a shrimp.

dukester48

Just an update.., I still have not seen my yellow watchmen but at night if I shine my bright flashlight into a couple of the holes they have leading under all my LR, I get a glimse of my tiger shrimp so at least I know hes not dead but for my watchmen.... I have no clue if hes alive or dead but my levels havent spiked yet so Im hopful.

they're probably both alive...i thought my pistol was long gone (hadn't seen him for a month at least!) but i saw him yesterday evening with the watchman. lol. and that's in a 6gal eclipse.

Archived