Coral Vue Hydros

Love hurts...

hhasty79

Aw I love my bristleworms, they are cool beasties...but wow...if you have them in your tank, look where you put your hand! I rearranged some rock yesterday and didn't even think about it til I pulled my hand out and saw this strange fuzz on my fingers...

After a few moments of confusion I realized what it must be, got out the vinegar to dissolve the bristles, and after a little itchy-burny my hand was okay.

*BUT* today one area that had the bristles in it a little longer...hit the vinegar a little later than the rest...is puffy and a little sore/itchy. Tiny little welts there. Does anyone have any tips about this? Something that can make this go away? Is there any reason for me to be concerned?

- a slightly humbled Zerg Queen :blush:

- heather

a nice, long soak in HOT water...

I was rearranging rock and got stung myself once. I followed the WetWebMedia crew's suggestion for what to do if you get stung: put your hand in water as hot as you can stand it, and keep running ever-hotter water into the sink. Your hand gets used to one temp, so you keep increasing the temp. This seems to draw out or neutralize the venom. I did this shortly after I got stung, so I don't know how effective it'd be after a day.

Archived