SaltCritters.com

Thermometers?

sbwood007

I have two Coralife Digital Thermometers. Just in case one craps out for $10 well worth the back up.:) Plus I wanted to see how accurate they were.

Lifeguard Big Temperature which I think is reasonably accurate. It has remote temp sensor plus high/low alert.

ETI Digital Thermometer which I bought from a guy in the UK. It has C and F, remote sensor, high/low alert PLUS maximum and minimum. That max/min tells me the highest/lowest recorded temperature since the last time the unit was reset. This allows me to see what the lowest overnight temperature was, without have to be awake zzz.

I like the ETI best (it's small, it has the most features), but the remote sensor is consistently ~1 degree (F) higher that what the Lifeguard and my LCD-glass thermometer says.

For the record, the ETI with the "higher" reading is what I quoted throughout my MH thread. Better to err on the high side ;)

Originally posted by Web Guy

That thing is HUGE....

If you are refering to the one from Radio Shack. It is 3 1/2" x 2 1/2". Easy to read, and so far seems very accurate.

Bob

I have to say that the coralife ones one very inaccurate. The temps flucuates if you watch it. Mine can go from 80 to 80.9 in a second some time. I am going out today for another one and a new heater.

Blu50Stang
Originally posted by Web Guy

I have to say that the coralife ones one very inaccurate. The temps flucuates if you watch it. Mine can go from 80 to 80.9 in a second some time. I am going out today for another one and a new heater.

I noticed that the other day(I've only had it for a week).

I have had mine for 2 weeks and man I don't know what the temp is anymore. I watched it last night and it was bouncing all over from 80.0 to 80.9 withing 3 seconds. Again, I was like WTF?...I am going up to radio shack to buy that larger one so I can also know my room temps. I will run both and see what happens.

Archived