inTank Media Baskets

Suggestions on hanging a pendant

solitaryensis

solitaryensis

Hey guys,

Wondering what suggestions y'all have on hanging a pendant. I dont exactly want to hang it from the ceiling. I was thinking about making some sort of pvc rack but im not sure if that will be sturdy enough. The tank is a 25 gallon cube on cinder blocks and im trying to put a 175 pendant on top. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Thanks

solitaryensis

dave,

yeah i was actually looking for ways to hang the pendant not which one to get. Thanks anyways.

tnreef,

no, its not in a corner but that sounds like a good idea anyways. man i hate drywall its never really reliable when putting holes in it. i sure dont want that pendant falling into the tank. but a good idea nevertheless

Any other suggestions guys?

eyehooks.

like $ .89 cents BUT.... get lag bolts and anchors for the cieling if you have anymore than a simple bell pendant. Hang with the powercord.

waht unit do U have?

use dry wall anchors . i used the same setup on my 55 with two hanging pendants. If i may say so that the pendants are the best way to go if you are worried about heat transfer.

I have a pendant hanging from the ceiling. I used a plant hanger that comes with a toggle bolt. Its very sturdy. If you must hang it from the wall, consider some kind of drywall anchor or make sure you anchor the fixture into a stud.

Hmmmm, well if the tank is setting on cinder blocks why not do a matching light arrangement.... attach a base to a 2X4 ( $1.20 for a "good" one at Home Depot) and make your very own light stand. You could cut a shorter piece of 2X4 and attach that to the top to stick out over tank and hang pendant on that.

If you wanted to get REAL fancy you could buy pipe and flange and paint it black....lol ;)

Archived