Cultivated Reef

my new fumanchu lionfish

godwin

Just got this guy today from some guy I met at the LFS for $45 :P Anyways my fuman is is doing great he is eating ghost shrimp gut packed with marine flakes. I will try to train him to eat frozen krill sometime his week. Anyways here are the pics

DSC00725.jpgDSC00723.jpg

Originally posted by Reefer Addict

Cool score!!!!!!  I want one bad!!!!!!

lol... yeah fu's are very hard to get, I waited 6 months before I can get my hands on one.

Originally posted by Reefer Addict

is that some sort of barrier that i see in your tank?

thats correct, because the fu was harrasing my fuzzy lion. So I put a divider in between them for now until things calm down between them.

Very nice, I hope things get calm between them, good luck on getting it to eat frozen and if it wont go after Krill try silversides.

Originally posted by godwin

lol... yeah fu's are very hard to get, I waited 6 months before I can get my hands on one.

really, my LFS has them in all the time, and I dont even live in california :

Originally posted by reefsrule

really, my LFS has them in all the time, and I dont even live in california :

well at least in Toronto that is, I called every fish store in the greater toronto area and none them had one.

Originally posted by AndyL

Picked this guy up today... 30$ at Golds, I love golds!

dang thatz cheap, I got mine for $45

• 1 month later...

16 gallons for a fu? Such a big eater will pollute such a small tank FAST...Tank crash! I'd recommend a 24 and a good skimmer.

• 4 weeks later...
Civic Disobedience

AWESOME FISH!!

Once I get my tank up and established I plan on picking one of those guys up myself.

I live in NJ and the "good" LFS always has a good variety of lions on hand, and will order whatever you want. The problem is the price, they charge top $$ for EVERYTHING they sell:(

AndrewAquariumPlanning
Originally posted by godwin

people say at least an 16gallon

I would never put a fu in less than a 30, it needs that to thrive

Archived