Top Shelf Aquatics

San Diego Frags?

Astyanax

Hi everyone:

Anyone in the San Diego area interested in selling me a couple of your cast-offs as frags for maybe $5 apiece? My 1.6 pico is doing REALLY well and I'd like to add a couple really small pieces. You know, the kind that people usually prune off and throw away! :)

Link to my pico setup:

http://www.bsgaming.com/downloads/pico/

The tank is three weeks old, cycled with cured Fiji, and just crawling with life! Amphipods and peanut worms everywhere!

Anyway, the $5 frags at the LFSs around here are really poor (see the last pic). Please email me directly if you might be available for this!

bill@bsgaming.com

Thanks!

Astyanax

Caesar777

Well, remember the old adage, "you get what you pay for". If you want rics and Acans--or even just better-than-average stuff--you nearly always have to pay more for them. (Honestly, the stuff that people prune off and "throw away" is the same stuff as that "bottom of the barrel" stuff at VM. Most people sell the stuff they prune off for a pretty good amount.) True, occasionally you might stumble across a good deal, but nobody comes to you with those! Just keep an eye out, or save up your cash.

Caesar777

Also..Sometimes people are willing to nickel-and-dime their fragments, like yoshiod9, who was selling some polyps that were nothing short of AWESOME for $5-10 apiece plus $5-10 for shipping. Seems expensive, but in such a small tank, who needs hundreds of polyps? All the more reason to spend a little more and have some small but nice stuff.

Archived