SaltCritters.com

The Perfect Creature

Mnesarchus

mnes,

you're taunting me, like dangling a vodka bottle in front of an alcoholic, y'know?! but i have the will power to resist your temptation! :

cucumber, eats detritus off your sandbed and poops out clean sand turds, tiger tail. the pink and yellow cukes are more planktivores. and the other types get big-@ss ime.

Yep, I was gonna suggest the same thing, but I don't have the balls to put one in my tank because of the possible puke-factor.

Mnes, here's a pic of a tiger tail cuke I wanted to buy, but just couldn't do it.

Tigertail cucumbers rockB). I have to say that they are probably the best sand cleaner I've ever had. If you couldn't tell there :P, I recommend them.:D

Cameron

what do you mean you didnt have the balls to buy one beacuse of the puke thing? like when it fizzes out all this white looking stuff like on jackass the movie when he jerks it off under water? ( if youve seen the movie.)

Well, not exactly. Do some reading on sea cucumbers & what they can do if they get stressed, unhappy, smashed, etc. If I had a larger tank, like a 25 gallon, I'd have one. But 10 gallons is just too small IMO (more of a risk than I wanna take). Of course, I'm a ball-less reefer.

Originally posted by kovu

when it fizzes out all this white looking stuff like on jackass the movie when he jerks it off under water? ( if youve seen the movie.)

Mental note, do not watch Jackass the Movie, especially if I am eating.

My one stopped eating about 2 months ago. Still there though. Kinda moves a little but never comes out from its little cave under my rock. Haven't seen any sand pellets either. But he's still alive.

Archived