Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Updated Pico pics...

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Hey reefers,

I decided to move my pico to the dinning area and I took some new pics... Enjoy...

Mike

4lsrqv

4lss20

4lss4z

4lssqb

4lssqb

4qg70y

4qg7cw

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Yeah, it's 1 gallon. I added a baby black percula today. Just didn't get time to take his pic. He's really really small. Once he gets a little bigger I'll transfer him into my larger tank.

Mike

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

The pipe organs are doing great, I moved them next to the red bubble algae. You can see them in the last three pics. The HD cooler proved to be important.

I however, had to move it on top of the filter for best results. Since water is traveling through the filter and if you keep the filter cool, end result a drop in temps.

Mike

On top of the filter...how? Does your AC have a top on it? I don't know that I'll need a chiller, but it's a good bet I will this summer. I have a Millennium 1000 but with the heater in it I can't put the lid on....

theclearblue

technically it would be a black a. ocellaris rather than percula. Yours looks like a black a. polymnus (aka saddleback)

not splitting hairs, I just alway like to know what I have in my tank

just curious, i'm just a beginner at this but, is it ok to just fill up a pico w/ corals on rock without adding additional LR? this would save a lot of space, but i'm worried if this will not provide enough natural filtration since i would have less LR soley for that purpose.

Looks nice!!

thanks for your help.

daves new nano

Mike your tank is one of the best on NR.com of any size i could look at it all day its awsome, and yes i am very jelous.

Cheers

Dave

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Since the tank is just 1 gallon, I used 1.5 lbs of live rock. It was cured rock and I looked for the best pieces I could get. The live sand is hard to say, I just pulled some out of my established tanks and took it from there.

I'd say about 3-4 cups of sand, it's your call on this one. Good luck...

Mike

pdhenderson

thanks, can you give me full specs, filter, lighting, and everthing you have stocked in it, just for a guideline I can work with. Did you purchase this as a kit? what kind of lighting are you using, I have searched for similar units no luck.

Pico-Newbie

Mike, where did you find the tank? I have the same lighting on a 2.5G but I really like the look of it on a properly sized tank. What filter are you using? Would you post more on the all of the equipment you are using?

• 2 weeks later...

Like someone else asked I'm very interested in the specs. Where is the tank from, What light, what filters, etc.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Looking for some clarification, since I have the same light and I'm thinking about getting the tank since it looks sweet.

The HD cooler. Do you have it attached to the filter now? You said the top of the filter, but there's no water flow there. Is it attached to the plastic sides where water flows by, or the pump itself? Maybe show us a picture?

Archived