Coral Vue Hydros

help with some aiptasia.

shiverband

i am getting a few little ones.

i have done the muratic acid injestion on the big ones and that worked fine,but i have some small ones starting up,whats a good method to wipe

them out.

i heard pepermint shrimp but some one said they will sometimes go after anthalia witch i have alot of.

any ideas..

chuck

I had a friend with a 120 gal reef tank that used a raccoon butterfly fish for Aiptasia anemones in reef tanks. I think after the Aiptasia were gone it was relocated. I found several articles via the web on this, might want to check it out.

RJ

If you have GSP, just put it right on top of the aptasia, the gsp's tentacles should irritate it..and since it wont be able to move, itll just give up and die...

i have personally done the procedure..and it worked like a charm..

or perhaps i was just lucky...

or to make it quick, just inject baking soda or kalkwasser right into its mouth...the aptasia prolly wont even feel the pian..HEHE

Originally posted by Crakeur

Stop Aiptasia, sold at Marine Depot, among other places.  This stuff is a godsend if you have the pests and it is 100% reef safe.

Its bassicaly high PH lime water... or calcium based. You still have to apply it like Kalkwasser with a pippette.

You could use Berghia also. I sold all mine, but they did a great job. I he 2 peppermints in my 37 right now. they love to eat them.

they havent touched my GSP or other "creepers"

Just make sure they are the CARIBBIAN species of peps. ;)

yes, stop aiptasia needs to be injected but if you can't reach them, a small cloud around the critter will burn them out. The bottle comes with a syringe, or did my dealer sell me that?

BustytheSnowMaam

LOL-

Dave, if you see this, I read if you order berghia, you need to keep them separate for awhile/culture them (??). Then I got confused. Is this a species you can order and put right in your tank, or do they need to be left alone for awhile to grow before they can be put in?

Tasha

Tasha, you can acclimate them for around 4 hours, and as long as the salinity is not off more than .02 they can be added in 4 hours. For some reason, they like to "melt" just like common garden slugs when blasted with salt..... not that Ive ever done that.... :rolleyes:

I sold mine( look in the selling area here for a thread I posted) to a kid who is in desperate need of them in KY...

the only place I know of selling decent ones is www.Captivebredcorals.com

Greg is a cool dude there. Call them and ask if they have any. It can be hit and miss depending on how well they are reproducing.

Archived