Innovative Marine Aquariums

Squeezed Fish!!!

Pinrod Urkish

Pinrod Urkish

Ok here's the dilly-o, I have a 55gal Fowler with a dragon wrasse and a sailfin blenny, Both are about 6" long and get along quite peacefully. I want to know if I can combine my 10gal with the 55gal.

My 10gal has 1-mandarin, 1-clownfishh, and 1-pygmy anglefish (I think its a cherub or similar). They are all about 2". Or If I can't do that can I move my anglefish. I have about 40lbs ove liverock plus more in holdin in the 55gal. So there are plenty of places to hide, plus plenty of algae.

Thoughts or concerns?

prepare to get ripped on for having a not only a mandarin, but a cherub angle in a 10 gallon. ha ha.

i would say ok, but i don't have enough experience with large dragon wrasses to say what would happen.

Combine your 10 with the 55 meaning can you transfer those fishes into the larger tank? What is the Mandarin doing in that 10 anyway? Hahaha.

Pinrod Urkish

Yes transfeer the 10 gal fish into the 55gal.

The mandrin is quite happy in the 10gal and I was just getting him used to prepared foods. The cherub was cool but I had planned to move him to the bigger tank eventually.

My only worry with the dragon wrasse is that he flips over rocks (A good part of his decorations are fastened to the bottom glass so they won't move). I just worry that he might flip a rock on my mandrin.

i'm assuming you know how large and destructive that wrasse becomes...right? that being said, i don't think you'd have any problems combining...though if there are any problems it'll likely be attributed to the pygmy.

Archived