SaltCritters.com

paint for aquarium

Spencerx

does anyone know any paint that is ok to use INSIDE an aquarium?? i want to make a divider type thing in the back, but want to make it opaque. i am going to use plexi-glass and dont know if there is paint that is safe to use with this. any idea? thanks

Spencer,

I would not recommend any paint INSIDE the tank... there are several I can think of including some epoxies that are 100% inert (um,reef safe) when fully cured but I would not put much faith in them holding up for any considerable amount of time.

If you look in the yellow pages and have no luck finding any listings for plastics or acrylics specifically try local glass shops. A lot of them carry plexi, colors even. Another thing to try is a place that sells display materials... like foamboard, styrofoam, epsom board, ect.

Have you looked online? A Google search can easily come up with 50 sites that sell plastic and acrylic products.

Just some thoughts...

Thanks. I was thinking of getting it from somewhere like US Plastics, but wouldnt the shipping be like for it?? ill check under acrylic in the phonebook..... thanks!

Archived