Pod Your Reef

Flame Angelfish

SoS

Picked him up today, He's settling right in ate some brine shrimp 5 minutes after being in the tank and the school of reef chromis ignore him and it ignore's them. Now just gotta make sure it doesn't eat the corals. I refer to it as it cause Flame angels are Hermaphrodites.

004005.jpg004006.jpg

004008.jpg004009.jpg

Just wanted to know how your flame angel was doing? Is it eating flaked-food and frozen foods? Or just live brine shrimp and picking at your live rock? I'm thinking of getting one for my 29gal. Either that, coral beauty, or pygmy angel.

Hey I noticed you're using the Prizm deluxe skimmer, is that just the regular skimmer version with the surface skimmer plus media basket? Or the more expensive Prizm model? And can you post a full shot pic of your 29gal? Thanks.

Well full picture is a problem. My digital camera is crap and I can't take a full picture without alot of overexposure. too much light from the JBJ's.

The Flame Angel is doing very good and eating everything, Bloodworms, brine shrimp, and flake food. He does pick the rock. I only have the Zoo's on the rock in there and he hasn't touched them. I've heard they go after SPS more than the zoo's so mushrooms, zoo's and most of the soft corals should be somewhat safe. but it wouldn't hurt to have a backup tank to toss a coral into if he start to eat it. I've got my 10 gallon incase he does bite into anything. I'm gonna add one coral at a time to see if he nails them.

The prizm is the small one with the media basket.

Archived