Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

1st fish

wb9258

I just bought my first fish for my 24 cube and had a quick question. I bought a clown fish and the LFS sold me new life spectrum optimum fresh h2o flakes for food. Is this what other people are using, or should I get something else? This is my first fish so any advice would be great.

The flake food is fine. You might want to get another type just so you have some variety. There are lots of frozen out there. I use the Ocean Nutrition Formula One, and have it it frozen and flake. I also use frozen Mysis Shrimp. Just remember, since you only have one fish to not overfeed.

Bob

Thanks, I just saw wear it said freshh water on the flake, so I was concerned. I keep hearing do not overfeed, but I am not sure what that means. approx. how many flakes should I give the fish? I have read how ever much can be consumed during 3 mins, but I have know idea how much that is.

Just give him a little pince, if he eats all of that, add a little bit more. You will soon figure how much he will eat at a time. Then feed LESS. :)

Bob

My new clown taste the flakes but then spits it out. I have tried to feed 2 times now and it has not eaten anything. Is this normal for a new fish. The lfs store showed my the fish eating at the store. All mine does is looks at itself in the glass.

BKtomodachi

It can be normal.

My guess is that it doesnt like the food. Try new life spectrum or omega one dry foods if you must, but frozen foods are generally far superior in every way. The fish like it better, its more nutritious.

Archived