Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

MRC nano reactor - anyone have one?

kgbenson

NewbieReefer

what size tank? Unless you are running mainly SPS, and clams I would invest in a nielson reactor. In a small tank the risk of your effluent dropping your ph consideribly if not dialed in correctly from a calcium reactor is kinda scary in my opinion.

He makes a nano sized one, but doesn't mention what sized tank is is for. I am thinking of putting it on a 24g NC

Then again, as you suggest a neilson reactor might be a better option.

Keith

NewbieReefer

I honestly think a nielson reactor would be better. Plus you save a a$$ load of money. The tank and regulator will cost 180-200 bucks on top of what the reactor cost plus the pump cost.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the MRC Nano single chamber on my 29 gal. It works fantastics. My ALk is always around 9.8 and my CA level are 450-480 consistently.

The only issue with the single chamber reactor is your effluent pH levels. My tank runs around 7.9 to 8.1 pH plus I top off with Kalswater to keep the pH up. If you buy one get the dual chamber reactor which will help keep your pH in the tank higher.

Otherwise they are a great product and I definitely reccomend one. (But you will spend some $$ setting it up because you need a pH monitor probe, regulator, CO2 tank on top of the reactor. You will end up spending about $400)

• 2 weeks later...
coralcrazy

Dude just get the kent product called Liquid Reactor, it is the best stuff, does the job of a reactor

• 3 weeks later...

Archived