SaltCritters.com

Foxface Died

May468

hello

The story starts. I bought a FoxFace, 24 hours later, it was swimming doing Great. It had stopped turning a dark color every time someone got close to the tank. The Damsel and Cinnamon Clown had stop bothering it. All look good. I was cooking dinner it was fine. After dinner while I was washing dishing. I notice a white cloud in the tank. After I finished the dishes, I realized I had not seen the foxface. I found him squeezed between the two live Rocks/miss sand. The Damsel had created this hole some time ago. The Foxface was was dead. Thinking this a Werid accident I bought another foxface online.

The NEW Foxface arrived today. It was sad looking, but breathing.

The bag was floated and small doses of water was added for two hours. After two hours the foxface was put into a holding tank inside the 55 gal. Most of the time th foxface was on it's side. A couple times it's straightened up for a moment or two. 1 1/2 hours later it has died. Total of time 3 1/2 hours.

I will not be buying another fish for a long time. I guess I just don't know how to introduce them into a tank.

May468

2 hours?!!?? that seems way too long to be acclimating a fish!! and then putting it in a holding tank after that?

A fish should only be acclimated w/ that procedure of adding small amounts of water for about 10 minutes, maybe 20 at the max. I only do it for maybe 5 min.

Being in a small bag full of their own waste, especially after it has probably sat in that same bag overnight if you got it online, will stress that fish out worse than anything.

That is probably why it died!

Archived