ReefCleaners.org

2 Clown Pairs?

lil_clownfish13

lil_clownfish13

I currently have a 10g nano that has a resident pair of perc clowns. the trouble is that i am hoping to upgrade to a 33g this summer. If i were to do so, could i put in a second pair of clowns...possibly black percs without too much fighting if both sets were introduced into the tank at approximately the same time? Also-- is this tank large enough to house 4?

thanks so much!

tina:)

Reefer Addict

You should have no prob housing 4 fish of their size in a 33g tank.

That would be the best bet introducing all of them at the same time in the new tank. Are you going to break down the 10g? If not, you can relocate back the original pair into the old tank if warfare starts...

It’s plenty large enough. I'm just not sure about them fighting or not. You will defiantly have a better chance of them not fighting if you introduced them all at the same time. Also if they are small you will get an even better chance of them not fighting. Try it and see if it works out, hope it does work out for you in the end

Reefer21

Just make sure you put them together in the 33 all at once. If not, when you add in the 2nd pair of clowns, take your situated clowns out for a couple minutes--rearrange your rocks and put them back in. This will give them the impression that they are no longer in their territory and it's a new tank.

Archived