Top Shelf Aquatics

moon lighting?

SeaFish

anyone know what kind of light is best to simulate a moon light at night? or anyone ever purchase this sort of light? any suggesitons or websites that might carry these kind of light?

The ones I've seen are LED lit. My AquaMoonLight by AquaMedic ir a few white LED's with a blue lense. Pretty simple and I should have just made it for the money it costs.

Cameron

harbingerofthefish

since it's almost christmas time, pull out your christmas lights. If you have any of the little blue ones, you can snip off the last 1 or 2 and splice the string back together. Then use the couple you snipped off to make you moon lighting. They are indoor/outdoor lights. But it would be very easy to water proof the whole thing. And if a bulb goes out...you should have plenty left for replacements.

can you perhaps go into a little more detail on how to do the christmas tree lighting?? i am interested in doing this, but dont know how to splice it back. thanks. :)

harbingerofthefish

screw the x-mas light thing (well sort of) . Went to WalMart today, got a 4 pack of blue (the clearer ones not the opaqe) x-mas lights ($0.88). went over to the lighting section, got a automatic nightlight, one that goes on when your lights go off and visa versa ($3.50). ran an extension cord, taped the light to a "L" bracket, screwed it in, boom $4.38 automatic moon light. I have a 5 gal, so this works for me. For something larger it would either take more of the same set-up or something completly different.

actually if you can mount those indiglo nite lights those are good. or i actually solder to a board (2) white LED's and (3) blues . why buy it when you DIY for cheaper.

Archived