Top Shelf Aquatics

Lighting Questions for 29 Gallon Reef?

damikester

I'm thinking about lighting my upcoming 29 Gallon Reef with HelloLights 24" 4x55 watt pc retrofit kit.

2 10000k and 2 actinic 03.

I'm undecided as to which bulbs to get though...the germans (straight pins) or the panasonics (square pins).

Does anyone have any suggestions and/or perhaps some pictures of their tanks and why one type of bulb is better than the other?

Also, with this amount of lighting, will I be able to keep most any coral I want?

Thanks!

From my understanding there is no difference and is no difference between QUALITY pc lights.

As far as the pin configs go, I was told that back in the day when Custom Sealife was starting they wanted a PC bulb config that they could market and they could have the "rights" to it. That is why I have seen no other brand or manufacturer use the 4 pin square other than Custom Sealife.

In terms of the German pin style bulbs the HelloLights ones are good as well as the ones by Hamilton.

I am not sure if the 4 pin square is offered with a True Actinic yet but if you want the TA go for the German style. Either way though is ok to use.

Cameron

Archived