ReefCleaners.org

time to burn

daves new nano

daves new nano

ok its time i bite the bullet and post a full tank shot, so here goes, the shots a litle hazy because ive been battling a alge bloom in the water colum hence the two internal power filters with filter floss in em.

tank specs are:

60 liter (15G i think?)

130w PC 50/50

no skimmer or sump/fuge

7 months old

live stock:

pair false percs

lawnmower blennie

skunk shrimp

3 hermits

1 tuboa

yellow zoos

brown paly zoos

brown/red shrooms

feather duster

I plan on adding a maze brain, rics,zena and possibly a candy cane, torch, and some LPS.

tell me what you guys think, id love some feed back good or bad it doesnt mater which

daves new nano

Wow thanks proflatlander u made my day, i was rally paranoid when u look at some of the amazing tanks on NR.com that mine mite look a bit pathetic.

as for a fuge/skimmer im looking a upgradeing to a cube tank soon as i like the possibilites for aquascaping more, theres only so much u can do with a long tank like mine, ill probly built a fuge into this.

the tank im looking at is called a BOYU fish home its 15G very similar to a nano-cube

this is the link to the website that sells them, its in the aquariums section,

www.shirleyaquatics.co.uk

what do you think of these tanks? like a nano-cube or what?

Dave

I think they are very much like the JBJ NanoCube. If I am not mistaken JBJ orders their tanks from BOYU so they should be alike.

HTH,

Tom

daves new nano

cheers Tom, i had an idea that may be the case im gona have to get some more info on em then, there a good price to 109 pounds (bout 206 dollars) for the larger one.

it's not a bad tank, like the stocked (fish tank) picture above

i'm going to look up lawnmower blennie my be a good addition to my tank

109pounds is a very good deal for this, especially a 15gallon model. What lighting comes on them? Watts? Type?

Enjoy!

Tom

It looks good, and i like the aquascaping. How much LR do you have in there? The zoos in the middle are nice also.

Also try putting some carbon in those filters. It should clear up the water pretty good.

daves new nano

Tom, im not sure of the lighting specs for the boyu tank, im waiting for some more nfo on them, i shall probly upgrade the lights anyway, ive got 2 36w PC's in the hood of my current tank which should fit, along with 2 T5 24w VHO tubes.

Pili4444, i think theres about 15/16lps in there, the yellow zoos were my first coral bopught on-line im really happy with them ive fraged them twice n they just keep growing.

sparky, lawnmower blennies are cool fish i love mine hes got so much personality & hes completely fearless, when i put my hands in the tank he swims up 2 me & if i keep still he perches on my fingers.

cheers for all the coments folks

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Umm usally i suggest a sump/fuge ... but most people can take a aqua 500 and, DIY it ... a little caluptra works .. I believe that is the spelling though im hazzy on it ... Well thanks for posting =] nice tank btw

Archived