Cultivated Reef

anenome

leaffish75

I got a anenome Saturday. I acclimated it by floating the bag and adding water every 5 minutes for about 45 minutes. After i released it into the tank it headed to the back corner and hid under a rock. THis morning it was at the top edge of the tank but in the back corner where there isnt much light. It isnt expanding either. its foot it attached to the top glass and the rest is hanging straight down. Is this normal acclimation?

After I aclimated my anemone it stayed in the spot I put it in. Its under my pc lighting. Something might be wrong with your water quality. The "anemone" might be adjusting and still finding a spot that it likes....

nitrate / nitrites 0 ammonia 0 phosphates 0.

I have 110 watts of pcs over the 20L. Im switching to 4 75 watt vhos this weekend.

They take a while to settle in. The more light the better, but it should be fine under those light for now. You can always use a credit card or something similar to detach it from the glass and place it in a better position, if it likes where you put it, it will tend not to move.

What species and what size is it?

Anemones also tend to be sensitive to changes in SG and KH.

Cheers and good luck

P.

P

Archived