Pod Your Reef

Got my new lights, woohoo!

Kapelakin

My clamp on PC unit came today. I think it's either 28 or 32 watts. I thought the NO looked OK as far as brightness goes, but this is so much better. I also don't have to turn on other lamps in my room.

Tomorrow I'll hopefully trade in the cardinal, some anthelia polyps, and the CBS for some new zooanthids or shrooms. I'll also be rearranging the rock a bit , since I"m not entirely happy with the left side of the tank. I'm planning on installing a spray bar, too. I'll add pics to this thread when all the changes are in place.

Here are a few shots with the new light. :)

I believe it's a 36w 50/50 smartlight from JBJ (it's the one I have). THe base of the bulb should tell you how many watts it's giving ya.

Tank looks cool to me.

John

Works well for open-top tanks. Defeats the purpose of your eclipse hood though.

They are made by JBJ Lighting, but you're best off looking to ebay for 'em - usually about $20 cheaper.

Originally posted by lizbeth

The new lights look very nice.

Were you able to make the trade and get some new corals?

I'm still working on it. It really sucks living out in the boonies. I was going to go yesterday, but the owner (ie the person who can trade) of ONE SW store, which is an hour away, doesn't come in Saturdays, so I have to leave work early just to get in and see if he even has any healthy corals. It will be worth it to see the look on his face when I tell him I'm running a 7 gallon reef now though! :P

Archived