SaltCritters.com

a perc or a firefish next?

fishfanv

hi all,

right now my hubby & i have 1 ocellaris in our tank. he's been there for about 8 days. this weekend we're treking to the city to check out their stock. should we next put in another perc or a firefish? what do you all think? the ocellaris is doing great, eats like crazy & is finally exploring more than just the right hand corner of the tank. he (or she) actually swims all over now. :)

thanks in advance.

BKtomodachi

Long term, I'd only do one or the other. I say firefish, just to give yourself some variety in fish.

The clowns probably wont host the hatian, and I hope you have more than stock lighting on that cube.

But first and foremost, slow down. Wait a couple of weeks before another fish.

Originally posted by BKtomodachi

Long term, I'd only do one or the other.  I say firefish, just to give yourself some variety in fish.

The clowns probably wont host the hatian, and I hope you have more than stock lighting on that cube.

But first and foremost, slow down.  Wait a couple of weeks before another fish.

cool, i like fires, too :) and yes, we know the clown probably won't host the hatian but it's ok. the anemone is probably going to a friend anyway for reasons already discussed earlier in a different post. and yes again we have more than stock lighting. and finally, 4 weeks between fish stocking? why do we need to wait this long? everyone else has told us 2 weeks is fine to wait between 1st & 2nd fish stocking. by this weekend it will have been about 2 weeks since we added the clown. just curious to know your reasoning behind this.

Archived