Top Shelf Aquatics

true percula acting weird

e D

I have my true percula in my 5.5 gallon tank, i know a bit small but this guy is tiny. I plan to move it once it grows an inch more. Right now its about 1 inch. I have had the fish in the tank for 3 days now and it eats happily. The only problem, if it's even a problem, is that the little guy only hangs out in the front top, right hand corner of the tank. It is as if he's hosting on the corner of the glass. It almost looks like he has some swim bladder problems and cannot swim down. The only time he swims around is when he chases his food and when i walk up to the tank, then he moves around a bit more. He's got the whole tank to roam but only stays in that one spot waving his body up and down. I want him to host on my hammer! My current is low right now because i keep the powerhead off ( it's way too strong ) but it seems like it's disturbed by current or something. Is this normal behavior of perculas?

Thanks. I'm going to try to look up some more information related to this about them.

hmmmmm from what I've read cause I read alot they can host anything thier little heart desires I've heard stories even on this forum about then hosting power heads so it very well could be hosting that portion of the tank

yeah, i've heard about them hosting on mag cleaners and all that. Crazy bastards. I'm going to try to introduce more corals for them to choose for hosting, hopefully they'll choose one. Thanks for the response.

Archived