Innovative Marine Aquariums

Stuff growing on rock

Dazed1

Could some one please tell me what these thing's are (white tube like structure's). its on a few rock's.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Sorry if the pic's are big :)

My tank has been up for 2 month's. I did have high phosphate's begining of this week. That is when i added the Phosphate buffer (?). Due to the high phosphate level's i've had an algae bloom which has been taken care of. Also not included in my sig are one more clown, and 1 cleaner shrimp.

Originally posted by tinyreef

sponges, the one pointing at you could be a tunicate.  i can't make out if there's another outlet tho.

Thanks'. Sponge's = good. Tunicate = good or bad ?

good in my book. as dave pointed out in the advanced forum steve tyree is developing them as a filtering system (gradient filter or something). it's kinda like someone else's idea of an aiptasia scrubber (calfo?) or adey's algal scrubber.

tunicates look cool to me, especially the really funky yellow and purple ones. B)

I've got the same stuff in my tank. Sort of looks like spider-web looking stuff with a hole in the middle of it (for the creature to come in/out). Kinda like a mud dobber nest, but with white mesh-looking stuff.

Archived