Pod Your Reef

Do you need live sand for corals?

purple_gemini4

purple_gemini4

I just got two False Percula Clown Fish yesterday,Elmo, Nemo(how unpredictable!lol) my first marine fish ever.:happy: When I asked if I had to have live sand to have corals and anemones, they said i had to as well as live rock. I ended up not getting the live sand and got Carib Sea Forida Crushed Coral insteadk because that's what I could fit into my budjet. Am I able to have a couple of corals and an anemone with just live rock? And also how much is a good price for about 15 pounds of live rock (In Canadian)? And a cheep place to get it in Victoria B.C.?

Thanx!:)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey If your in vic, there is a store there called, Safari Pets, they are off of dougles st, and cloverdale. Next to a future shop.

I bought some live rock from them in February. They have some real nice rock. You should also try a place in Duncan, called Island Pet Zone. He had some nice peices, for cheap.

We are driving back to Van island at the end of the month. Iam hoping to bring back some rock from both the stors.

I live in Calgary and alot of the stuff that I find here is mostly brown and dead.

But check them out and let me know what you thought of there stock.

Archived