Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Companion for perc in 10g

luigix

I've got a 10g nano- running smooth for just over 6 months. Until recently, I had a true perc clown and a 6-line, but last week my 6-line died(it was very healthy aside from something taking occassional nips at it's fins, but it finally went down overnight). The other inhabitants include 4 small mithrax crabs(2 red, 1 green, and one black), numerous(12+) tiny porcelain crabs, a brittlestar, a skunk cleaner, and a red japanese pistol shrimp(and several small corals- mostly zoo's).

I'd like to put a 2nd fish in- any suggestions? I'm thinking along the lines of a goby(yellow watchman), pygmy angel(has anyone tried one in a 10?), or maybe a bi-color pseudochromis(my girlfriend's favorite). Any suggestions/reccomendations? If possible, I'd like something lively that will come out often.

Why not a Royal Gramma, same colors as the Bi-color but nowhere near the aggressiveness. Your clown will get along the the RG fine.

Bob

Pygmy angels needa at least a 20 long and some will say at least a 30 gallon tank. The bi-color pseudochromis is one of the most aggressive fish out there and would probaly kill the perc. A blue/green chormis or a goby would be a safe bet as would a firefish. Royal Grammas can become territoriial and aren't as passive as you might have read. They will aggressively defend their perceived territory against intruders.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a tru perc and his best bud is a orange lined cardinalfish. They're inseperable! The cardinalfish is very active and I think keeps the perc active also. Also have a orange stripe prawn goby (really pretty) with them but he pretty much sits on the bottom or in a cave by himself.

Archived