ReefCleaners.org

Need help with RO/DI installation

Angel Higuera

Angel Higuera

Im very interested in purchasing a RO/DI system but I dont know how their installed. I also want to buy an auto topoff system and have them work in conjunction with each other.

My reefer buddies dont have one so I need your help. I want to know what hooks up to what. Thanks in advance.

-Angel

They can be used a couple different ways. You can hook them up to your cold water supply under a sink, or by a laundry sink. If you don't to go that route you can get a faucet adapter and only hook up the unit when you are making water.

I have mine hooked up to my water supply under my kitchen sink. I have a on/off switch on the end of the hose so when I turn it on I get water, off it stops flow. I never have to turn the water supply on or off. Every Sunday after my water change I make up 12 gallons of water.

I know they can be hooked up to a storage container with a float switch but an not sure how it is done.

Bob

Angel Higuera

Bob, at your convience can you post a few pics? It would really help. Also, my tank is in my bedroom. Would this make things difficult?

-Angel

Here is the unit

ro1.jpg

The hose where the RO/DI comes out

ro2.jpg

Hook-up to cold water supply

ro3.jpg

Waste water hook-up

ro4.jpg

Angel Higuera

OK, This makes the water. Im assuming it then goes into a container which then goes into your tank. Im also assuming none of this is automated right?

-Angel

I just picked up the same unit as bobioden. The actual setup isn't that bad it's figuring out where you are going to put it. I'm going to install mine in the garage and get my supply water from the faucet in the front yard. I did some additional plumbing on mine today that will allow me to have both RO/DI water for the tank and RO water for drinking. I eventually plan to get a float switch and a Rubbermaid Brute trashcan to store fresh water in.

HobokenAddict

I have the Water General 6 stage under the sink, with the 4 gallon storage tank, it's super easy to install, just take your time, and call them if you can't figure it out.

Archived