Coral Vue Hydros

powerquad in Cube?

SoCal Reefer

SoCal Reefer

I was looking a nanocustoms and wasthinking about a better cheaper way to get light in a nano cube.Would it be possible to mount a power quad in a 24g DX using the hood and splash guard? Woould heat be a problem?

thanks for any thoughts

Bret

Nico,

Where did you get your moonlights from? Also I like the setup and will be buying the same, my question is(sorry if it's stupid:blush: )

I want more actinic so I was thinking of replacing the existing lights with all actinic will I lose wattage? If so how much?

TIA

Bob

Hey Bob,

Moonlights are from nanocustoms. As far as your question...I have no idea? I'm still a newbe in this hobby. You should definetly post that question, I'm sure you'll get some great answers. Sorry I couldn't help....

Nico

No problem and thx for the moonlight info. I have been going back and forth about which moonlights to get. Your's seems to fit the best in the nanocube which I have.

Another question: Did you have to mod your reflector for the power quad to fit? I looked at my 24 and there is no place to put it without some mods. Thanks,

Bob

The reflector needs to be flattened and cut. I relocated that small electrical thing under the reflector to inside the plastic box between the fans. One fan was inverted. I also drilled a hole in the back of the hood to run the PQ cord along with the stk cords.

Almost forgot...the end cap on the powerquad needs to be modified to fit nicely or else it will push on the sides. The PQ cord runs straight out, I modified it to form a 90 degree bend.

Nico, was it hard to mod the lighting? I'm thinking of doing the same but a little nervous doing the work myself.

Also, how are the temps in your tank now with the upgraded lighting?

Thanks

Damage

Damage,

The mod itself wasn't that difficult...the hard part was cutting up a perfectly good end cap. Fortunately, it worked out well for me. My temps range from L 78.1(Night)-H 78.5(Day) I do have my A/C pumping from 7AM-8PM, 1 hr longer than my light cycle. This certainly keeps my temps in check, without the A/C tank temps were at 80.

Also, I replaced the stk pump with a hyperflow 10HF due to the stk pump running too hot.

Nico

Nico,

Sounds like you have a good set up. If I don't here from Chris at nanocustoms soon about the 24g modded hood I will probably do it myself.

If my tank runs hot I have no problem running the a/c colder. Lucky were in Florida!!

By the way, eventually would you be interested in trading or selling corals?

Damage

Archived