Coral Vue Hydros

Martini's Custom Nano

King_Martini

King_Martini

***Born on March 20, 2005***

===============

Specifications

===============

• 5 Gallon Perfecto tank (4 gallons of water w/rock and sand)

• Custom Cut Lexan Cover

• Custom Red Oak Base and Hood

• 8 LB Live Sand

• 6 LB Tonga Deepwater live rock

• 25 Watt Visitherm Stealth Heater

• Digital Thermometer (Internal and External Temps)

• Microjet Powerhead

• 40 Watts of Lighting (2x 20W coralife 50/50)

• 2 Blue Led Moonlights

• Cooling Fan (From CPU heatsink)

• Penn-Plax Silent Air B11 for power outages

===============

The Crew

===============

• 5 Blue leg hermits

• 1 Emerald Mithrax Crab

• 3 Nassarius snails

post-2-1112465611.jpg

King_Martini

=============

Inside View

=============

*EDIT* Took out the Ebo air diffuser for the battery back up pump and modded the powerhead, then attached the airline. Less clutter in the tank and I can turn on the air to oxygenate the water when I want. I could also put the battery back up pump on a timer to kick on and off throughout the day. Just more options I guess.

post-2-1112466100.jpg

nice tank king. the last pic looks bigger than a 5 gallon tank. :)

edit-I mean the full tank shot. you posted before I did. arg..

King_Martini

Thanks timb000, I really love it! I just installed the LEDs today, I am guessing this should boost my coraline since coraline tends to like actinic lighting.

Really cool Martini. I have a 5 gallon tank just sitting there and I was thinking of doing something with it.

King_Martini

===============

Night Viewing

===============

Tried to stay away from spotlight effect and too much intensity.

The pic is a bit darker than the true lighting.

post-2-1112501184.jpg

glad to see someone else using the coralife screw-ins. easy solution. a reflector of some sort would be a huge help, though.

King_Martini

I actually pondered the difference between the two. White and polished metal reflectors are very close. A mirror reflector is superior to both.

I went with white for 3 reasons. The first is that I want plenty of clearence between the top of the Canopy -> Bulbs -> Lexan cover (the metal reflector would require more shoehorning and get hot.) The second is that the white paint would disperse the LED lights more. Also, the white paint I used was high temperature grill paint for fire hazard reasons. Paint also seals wood quite well :) OK that was four reasons... Thanks for the input though!

• 3 weeks later...
King_Martini

Finally cleared up my water from some nasty blooms. Click on the link below for more details on this DIY filter...

King_Martini

Was bored and thought I'd post a pic. The tank was looking especially clear today. YAY. I need to start stocking some corals, just need to free up some $$$ first.

Archived