Cultivated Reef

looking for 2.5 gal canopy plans

cjm033

hey everybody i was planning on bulding my canopy for my 2.5 this week and was wondering if any one had any plans for a 2.5 gallon canopy thanks,Chris

hey Chris...

I don't know if this will help you or not... I can't even remember the last time I used plans for anything, my house even....lol Was more like sketches on napkins.

Anyway, in my thread for my 2 and a half there is some pretty good pics/ closeups of how the hood was built.... it if looks like something you would want to do I could send you the dimensions of the pieces but they are not standard size stock ( like the 3/4" stuff you buy at Home Depot) so don't know if that will do you any good unless you are milling up your own stuff.

equipment needed.

Paper

Pencil

Tape measure

Brain

If ya cant figure out a less than 4 linear foot SQUARE hood, yer screwed Chris. :D

just buy some 3/8ths inch wood planking.

apply pressure with pencil

draw a straight line.

use a saw.

cut.

repete process

then use glue

nails

staples

tape

or magic.

PRESTO !

hood is done.

Glad to be of service. :D

wow thats easier than i thought lol wats a pencil?? and wtf r nails? the things of my finger? ho do i use those to build my canopy? ??? ??? ??? im jk but seriously i kow that the hood usually has a "liner" type thing that it rests on i was wanderng howi did that thanks,Chris

Archived