ReefCleaners.org

Live Turd? You be the judge. Help

Doriftu

Saw this sucker out of the corner of my eye with the lights off, decided to take a closer look. It first appeared to be a giant turd, however i noticed that it was moving around. It's now been inching its way across the back corner of my tank, not sure what the heck it is, or what its actually doing or going. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Before i get confused on erradicate it.

post-24-1112326119.jpg

Well, i have a zillion peanut worms, but this one is unussually large. and fat, is it still a posibility this is a super mutant version?

lol. that's possible. if you're that worried, take it out and flush it. that's what i do with all the BIG bristles i can catch.

very true, that's what i've done with my bristles as well, actually ive gotten very good at spearing them with a particular "bristle worm removal tool" i've come up with hahaha. I tried the traditional trap, all i kept catching was brittle stars. thanks for the help.

Tomaso_Pantera

Spotted hawk fish. They only get around 3 inches long and LOVE bristle worms of all sizes. down side....they will eat your shrimp.

hey doriftu, stick him close to the awsome cassette skimmer idea u came up with and let it rip em to shreads. ok never mind, just flush it.

Originally posted by Doriftu

Saw this sucker out of the corner of my eye with the lights off, decided to take a closer look.  It first appeared to be a giant turd, however i noticed that it was moving around.  It's now been inching its way across the back corner of my tank, not sure what the heck it is, or what its actually doing or going.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Before i get confused on erradicate it.

Dude!

I just spent my lunch hour looking to ID one of these buggers. Mine looks the same, like a thick nightcrawler, but stubby, around 2 inches. My tank has been up since 3/6/2005, and I was suprised to see this ugly thing in my tank. It was inaccessible the only time I saw it. Will pull the thing out if I get the chance.

i saw a worm thing like that in one of those simon and schuster field guides. sorry i don't remember what it was or which book it was in! but it was one of the reef guides at borders... under worm like creatures. HTH

dga, that is hilarious, actually i flushed him about 2 hours after the post....hopefully it wasnt much of any good, it just looked like a giant blenny turd...ahahahah thanks for the help though.

its an echiuran, very similiar to peanut worms (sipunclans)..

Leave them alone... why are you people so intent on flushing things?.. you purchase live rock to get these animals and maintain a high biodiveristy in your tank, but cuz u think its ugly you flush it? makes no sense.. if u dont want odd invertebrates in your tank get some plastic coral and keep a fish only.

• 2 months later...

Flush those ugly ass , uninvited, stupid looking, nonswimming, food consuming, poop making things. Escpecially if its a worm. Leave biodiversity for the wild.

• 3 weeks later...

Too bad we can't flush stupid people :( Maybe if you chop them up, but that is too much work.

Peanut worm family. Leave them alone. Flush some toilet paper if you have the urge to splurge.

Archived