Innovative Marine Aquariums

24g nano-cube at local store

DamageInc

Today I visited a lfs in west palm beach. They deal with strictly saltwater fish, corals etc.

They had a 12g and a 24g nano-cube reef going under the stock lighting. The tanks looked pretty good considering the use of stock lighting. Appeared they had mostly soft corals and maybe 1 or 2 hard corals. I'm still not that great with all the names so I can't identify alot of them.

This is kind of pushing me to pickup a 24g before the new models come out. I was waiting on a custom hood by nano-customs but I really want to get this tank going and who knows how long until the new models are available.

Personally, I would like to have some additional actinics in my hood and the moonlight led. I just like the glow they give off. Larnie has the exact lighting I would like on his 12g.

Anyone know how hard it is to add an actinic, moonlight led and ballast to a stock hood?

Let me know if anyone has comments on the above.

Thanks

Damage

Chronicles, I saw they have the moonlights on the newer cubes but I hear they are all connected to one switch. I want to keep mine on a timer separately from the rest of the lights.

Thanks for the info though.

shao-lin nano

I've got the most revent nanocube 24g and there's a seperate switch for it, only problem is that it recieves it's power from the ballast. If the main lights are on a timer then the moonlight switch will only turn on when the ballast is getting power. It's really easy to rig a DC adapter to the light switch and have that on a seperate timer.

Thanks for the info Shao-lin!

I was just looking at your lighting upgrades on your thread. Nice work. If I had the cube in front of me I could probably study it a while and figure how to rig it. I'm not that great with the electrical stuff.

I bought the 24 when they first came out and mine does not have moonlights:( I know how hard it is to wait, but I would definately say hold off until the 2005 version comes out and get the whole shabang in one step.

Bob

Nanobob,

Your right. It's better to wait then to get the best then have to keep upgrading. I've been checking our rbaby's tank and I know the stock lighting will not get me what she has.

Damage

Archived