ReefCleaners.org

Just curious, anyone ever use this product?

Duke13

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp...dproduct=UL1311

Ultralife Red Slime Remover

I have a friend that was considering using a product to control his Cyano. I told him he should try to do it the natural way but he claims he's tried everything but 3rd party products.

I read reviews on this stuff and the only complaint so far is that it will overflow your skimmer (just like NovAqua does). I'm very unsure about the no harm to your inverts claim.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

It works. It's an antibiotic powder (kanamycin I believe). However, it is only a temporary fix. What you really need to do is solve the real issues behind cyano (i.e. elevated phosphates and nitrates). You need to reduce your nutrient import and increase your nutrient export.

Cheers,

Fred

Yes, it will work, but you need to find out why you have the Slime in the first place. Freshwater Maracyn is basically the same thing, and alot cheaper.

Bob

Originally posted by FAC_WNY

It works.  It's an antibiotic powder (kanamycin I believe).  However, it is only a temporary fix.  What you really need to do is solve the real issues behind cyano (i.e. elevated phosphates and nitrates).  You need to reduce your nutrient import and increase your nutrient export.

Cheers,  

Fred

Ditto.

Your skimmer will also FREAK out until it's completely out of the system.

Archived