Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

dead section in polyp

patio

i bought some polyps at my lfs and everything is great! except there is this one section that will not open up! and i think its dead its been in my tank for about 6 hours now and it still wont open up. should i cut it off?

sir winston mulligan

i would just leave it they may just be stressed...6 hours isnt really a long time....ive had some polyps stay closed for week then open up all pretty and such..my opinion is just leave it and let nature take its course

jenniebutterfly

i have had to wait for 3 weeks for some zoas to open, give it time, you will be able to tell if it is dead. it will start to melt away, if you see that, remove the rock to a bowl of tank water and blow it off with a turkey baster, and rinse it in another bowl of tank water :)

neanderthalman

Patience. Some corals will even grow back from a little puddle of goo. It took nearly a week for my zoos to open fully.

i had a dead dead branching hammer, just the skeleton was left. it started growing back randomly 3 weeks after anything living had long left it. even if it's dead or just a turd left on your LR i say leave it in

Archived