Coral Vue Hydros

i got little white things with legs on the inside of my tank HELP

Scott Brownson

Scott Brownson

yesterday i noticed a lump on my clownfishes head with a worm like thing comming out of it and black spots on my yellow tang. I'm new to salt water and figured it was a parasite. stuck them in a seporate tank with water from my mane tank and dosed them with parasite killer. clown didn't make it the tang is looking better. Today i'm looking in the tank and i see all these little white spots with legs on the inside of the glass, and a couple of tiny white snail looking things. Whats going on? what are these things and should i be getting rid of them, if so how? Are they the cause of the parasite breakout? Did my turbo snails have babys ? Please help me!!!!

A little more info on you tank would be helpful.

How long has it been setup?

Size of tank?

What type of filtration? LR, Power Filter? etc.

What do you have in it? Fish, inverts, etc...

What are you tank levels? PH, Ammonia, Nitrate, Nitrite???

Type of water you use? Tap or ???

Bob

Scott Brownson

i've got a 20 gal tall

aqua via multi skimmer

power head

uv sterilizer

120 watt compact one act. blue one white

ozoneizer not hooked up yet

26 lbs live rock mostly figi

21/2 bed red sea micro balls

yellow tang

blue damsel

green mushroom

purple tiped anenome

blue leg hermit

2 turbo snails

banded shrimp

lots of pods

Did the freshwater dip on the tang he's alot better now. clown fish didn't make it. Big worm came out of his side. Ended up going to the local fish guy told me it was a good thing he even named a couple of the pods for me. Thanks for the responces though.

Scott Brownson

oh yea amonia nitrite all good nitrates creap up a little never over 10 though. my setup was tapwater first, conditioned of course with all the goodies. For the last two and a half months have been using real ocean from the fish guy, and bottled bacteria. Started adding supliments and zooplex (calcium, iodine. etc.) was using catalina water, but i'm getting brown algae blooms, the real ocean seems better.

ProFlatlander15

scott, i think you need to do a little more research here. 20H is not a suitable tank for a yellow tang, unless oyu plan on moving it soon to a larger tank. also, don't add bottled bacteria to your tank. they are scam products, just wait for your tank to cycle naturally. if it hasn't cycled, take the tang back to the LFS ASAP, because it will die. if your tank has cycled, stop adding the bacteria, there is no need for it. also, dosing iodine is not recomended unless you are testing for it. if you were to overdose it would most likely kill everything. you really don't need to dose calcium, and get rid of the UV sterilizer. that is killing all the benficial bacteria in your tank.

• 2 weeks later...

White things sound like hydroids should look sort of like an egg on the sidewalk with tentacles coming out with balls on them. Other possible is jellyfish eeeek...

I agree w/ ProFlatlander15 on everything. I can't even laugh anymore @ people w/ all the stupid equipment, overdosing, and unsuitable fish... Just too much of it...

Archived