inTank Media Baskets

My 10G Nano

OxInYourBox

Well I've finally done almost everything I wrote in this thread.

Next is the LR which is no big deal to get. Just have to quit spending cash on my 2.5G Nano lol.

Next is either the liverocks.com monthly special or a LFS's 20lbs of base rock (purple and corraline covered just small broken pieces as large as a medium adult fist). Then a 5" DSB, some LIR and some caulpera for the fuge as well as one of my clip on lights lighting it 24X7.

Lighting is the 2X36 kit from ahsupply with 10k and act 03 bulbs from helliolights. I'm very pleased with the results.

I have a MJ400 pushing into the converted HOT wet/dry filter however I am still messing with the plumbing as I think the flow isn't fast enough but I could be wrong. The fuge overflows back into the tank.

I also have two MiniJet606's in the tank. One on the left blowing straight across thru the middle of the tank (to be hidden by LR) and another underneath the MJ400 which I have a randomly drilled spray bar for and will set it on a 1min on 1 min off timer (anyone know of any digitimers that go lower than a min???). Hopefully this will create enough turbulence for the tank :)

Auto top off sytem has yet to be put into place. Waiting on the LR before taking care of that. :P

Temp stays between between 76-78 depending on the lights.

Tank%20No%20Flash.JPG

Tank%20Hood%20Open.JPG

Fuge%20Top.JPG

Fuge%20Right%20Side.JPG

Originally posted by ross76053

Sweet - is that a CPR fuge?

Nope. It's an Amiracle SL-5 HOT Wet Dry that I'm converting over. Pretty sweet unit.

Amiracle%20SL-5.JPG

That's really cool, how wide is it? I'm wondering whether it'd fit on a 7 bow. Did you buy it online? When you get live rock in, let us know how the skimmer works.

Looks like a sweet setup! :)

I hooked up the skimmer and I don't believe it will work without some tinkering. Well not right out of the box like my Remora :)

As far as live rock goes I may drop an extra 20 and get it here locally and have my pick etc. Good stuff nice and purple with some corraline but not the premo stuff they sell for 20 a lb with shrooms and polyps already on it. I'll have some pics up soon with the LR as I've decided while typing this thread to pick my own rock :)

I got the SL-5 on ebay for $100 however here's an auction for one that's much much lower...Linkage

oooooooo saltie sandie waterie tankie....

has potental. ;)

buy some nice quality LR.

EDIT: yer going to want to move those frat plaques / pics and diplomas of beer chugging 101. The salt mist will destroy them.;)

Got everything hid except for the power cords coming out and the float switch. I kept it visible as my other one in my 2.5G gets attacked by snails and floods the tank and my cubicle lol. Saltwater plus computers= not good:| On to the pics:

The zoomed view from my desk across the room:

Tank%20Desk%20View%20Zoom.JPG

View from my desk with the flash:

Tank%20Rock%20Flash.JPG

Left Side (You can really see where the 10k bulb takes over):

Tank%20Left%20Side.JPG

Right Side:

Tank%20Right%20Side.JPG

Crooked close shot:

Tank%20Rock%20Close%20Up.JPG

Dave- I've tried to move them but I keep messing with my tank instead of moving them lol. They'll be well away from the tank within a couple hours :)

Archived