SaltCritters.com

Maintnece (sp?) For A Nano Cube

afiser

anyone on here who has a nano cube wut do you do for maitnece(sp?)for your cubes like dad-to-day week-week month-to-month year-to-year??????????????????????????????

Well, mine's only been set up a few weeks but so far:

DAILY: I top off the water, drip Kalk @ night, clean the glass & stir the sand if there is alge on it. Also just give everything a look over to be sure there is nothing amiss.

WEEKLY: Change / clean the sponge in bay 1, Change the Phos-Guard, test the water. Change 3 to 4 gallons of water. Dose a bit of Iodine & Coral-Vite (couple drops of each).

YEARLY: Change the lamps.

Oh, also on a daily basis I sit for long periods and watch my tank & look to see what new stuff has poped up on the LR!

cool i do this

daily i top-off maybe pH buffer every other day

weekly water change clean sponge rinse chemi-pure every other week stir sand bed

yearly never gotten this far so ill see wut i do hehe...

Daily: Magnet scrape by glass.

Weekly: Change ~1 gallon of water by vacuuming crap from the bare bottom. Test water with "quick-dip" test strip.

Monthly: Check Polyfilter to replace (usually lasts 2-3 months). Check Purigen to replace (usually lasts 3-6 months). Check Rowaphos to replace (usually lasts at least 6 months). Test water with Salifert kits.

6-9 Months: Overhaul maintenance. Clean pumps, skimmer, plumbing. Replace PCs (MH would probably get replaced at 12 months).

lets see

daily- make sure the turbo snails didnt bump any corals off the lr. add b-ionic 2part kh/calcium buffer. every other day add calcium sups and iodide for the corals. oh and add about a gallon of ro water.

weekly- do a 2 gallon water change and scrape front glass. empty skimmer cup and rinse carbon filter off.

annual- change mh bulb

artar I hope you replace purigen by putting it in bleach instead of just throwing it away.

For my cube, I'll be changing 1gal of water every week. Before I do that I'll shoot my turkey baster at everything and stir up any stuff on the rocks/sand. Then I'll run the HOT Mag with the micro filter to clean the water, followed by the water change. I might be using this when I make my crap storm:

http://www.seachem.com/products/product_pa...es/Clarity.html

it makes the particulates larger so they get more easily filtered.

No, the skimmer's on my 16 bow :)

Chronicles: No I actually toss the Purigen. I know I can recharge it, but I can't get over bleaching something and then putting it back in the tank. My paranoia of properly removing bleach sufficiently gets the better of me. $7 every 3-6 months is a fair price to pay to be worry-free.

Archived