ReefCleaners.org

16'' Cube - REVISED DIAGRAM

nickel76

Notice that the overflow in the back has only a 2'' area for the sponge, with a 3'' gap open to the top in the very back for the light to get in the sump.

That's a neat design. I like how you figured out how to get light back there while still maintaining a surface skimming design. The floss might grow algea in it if exposed to that much light, but it might act as a scrubber of some kind. The only think I can advise you about is the pump chamber. You'll have to keep the water level a little below the divider so the difference in water heights doesn't create bubbles. Also, while not needed, a drip plate (opaqe to reduce algea) in the overflow might increase the efficiency of the filter floss. It's really not needed though. Nice design.

• 2 weeks later...

if you shoot all the pods through the pump and then the spray bar they are all gonna die my friend. they might even clog up the spray bar, also I would recomend not using any prefilter at all it will stop waste (######) from entering the fuge where all the critters can eat it. here's another HUGE problem; if too much water evaporates the waterflow will stop. it might be better to pump the water in to the fuge and have it pour out. that way you don't have to worry about killing pods and you will not have to worry about evaporation stopping all water flow.

Archived