Top Shelf Aquatics

Help Please (lighting)

rbaby

Hi guys,

I wanna swap out 3 of my bulbs for Actinic/10k's but every vendor that I've contacted either doesn't sell it or doesn't respond and I'm starting to get frustrated.

I have a 12g nano cube and I'm not sure how long the bulb is...but I know that it's about 13"...it's a 4-pin straight and needs to be at least 24 watts. If anybody knows where I can purchase a bulb like this please let me know and I would love you forever and ever and ever. All the ones I see are always square-pin. Thanks.

Thanks Mark, I e-mailed them--hopefully they carry it or know a vendor who does...still continuing the search though.

go to the site and look under 12g nano cube dx. and at the bottom you will find the bulbs. i hope that is what you are looking for. im an idiot and dont know how to link you to it....sorry.

Chris @ nanocustoms does not have the bulb that I am searching for.

Chronicles...I contacted that site to ask if the pins on that 50/50 bulb is a 4-pin horizontal.

Thanks for the help everybody--I am still searching!

rbaby, im curious why are you going with all actincs? im curious. ive heard of guys that grow zoos under full actnics with great success, but always thought it was more of a myth.

anyway. call jbjlighting.com you can order the lights from them. but i belive petsolutions.com also has them.

I'm not going all actinics, I'm replacing 2 bulbs really with a 50/50 and one with a 10k. Too much actinics do not benefit in long term growth, it's more for aesthetic reasons.

As it stands right now my tank is a little too white for my taste and I would like to experiment with other options. However...Chris has pointed out that the Jalli's would have been good but since they are out of production--what is the point. In a year's time I will get used to my lighting and I can't get replacement bulbs...bluh...time to look for another option :)...

Archived