Innovative Marine Aquariums

As requested: Show off your Zooanthids!!

anthony812

Those look mighty sweet Anthony!!!

I'm still stuck at work, no pics :(

Cameron, yours went off as planned today, I'll write ya tonight....of course you know I sent you all my ugly ones :)

Peace guys, keep the pics flowin, Bryan

I hate you all... All I have is some browns...

Gilman - WOW!

Anthony - WOW! You're selling some on RC aren't you? I replied to your thread...

Rock Anemone:D

yes..i am selling some..but i hate to ship ..i am sorry..unless the offer is too tempting for me to refuse..hahahaha (a good way to get me to ship is YOU set up all the UPS or Fedex charges and just have them to come by and pick the package up from me..so i don't have to deal with shipping..just pay them direct with credit card and have the driver bring me a label for the box..*hint hint..and I HOLD ABSOLUTLY NO RESPONSIBILITY!)

Anyhow..I got some MORE Zoos today..really awesome blue/turqois, Pastel Pink, green/turqois, green/peach..and some Tri-Color Ricordias.. deep purple/blue/green, and some pastel tri-color also..

come on by for all that is near me..hahaha

BEN - Hurry up and set up your 20 gallon man! some of the frags are screaming your name!!!

lol... I want some... :(

Any how... Where are you getting them? How abotu I pay for all the shipping charges as well as the zoos? *hint* *hint*

What is everybody doing to get the best color out of your zoos? Mine are reasonably colored but they are not as vibrant as some that have been pictured. I have had them for about 4 months under a shop light (1 - triton and 1 - blue moon) in a 20 gal tank. They are just now starting to produce babies. Does more light or less light make them more colorful.

l8tr

I think it has A LOT to do with the color of the light on them when you are looking at them. SOOO many times I see relatively drab zoanthids at my LFS, and when I pop them into my aquarium they look super bright. I think it has to do with the fact that a lot of the brightly colored ones "glow" under actinics and blueish light, so if the blue isnt present, they dont appear as bright. Here are some examples:

At my LFS they use some sort of metal halide over the tank.

I have a CSL 50/50 32 watt powercompact on my tank.

at LFS - pinkish centers

in my tank - super bright orange centers (this one really suprised me)

at LFS - orange/brown tentacles

in my tank - bright orange tentacles

at LFS - dull pink

in my tank - dull/brightish pink

at LFS - green tentacles with brown dot in center

in my tank - green tentalces with orange dot in center

you get the idea...

Archived