Pod Your Reef

Eagle Eye Zoanthids?

alexwbush

AFAIK, "Eagle Eyes" are not a specific zoanthid but a name given to zoanthids with a certain look - and those look similar to me.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

yep, those are the ones....i think....im not that sure about any color of zoanthid, there are hundreds of color morphs that look like eagle eyes, but if they are not, close enough!

ahhh ok, I wasn't sure because I kept seeing people refer to their Eagle Eyes and them always being orange. I get it though... so it could be any color morph... it's just the design of the polyps that characterize them as eagle eyes.

Thanks guys!

BKtomodachi

You could very easily sell those as eagle eyes, and have lots of interst.

The funny thing is, "fire and ice", "purple people eaters", and " eagle eyes" are just names given by wholesalers. There is no real definition of them anywhere.

Mine are still coloring up. They are all from the same mother colony. The one in the back is brighter than the rest. I recently took down my 2.5 tank and put them in (they are the front ones). They were under 18w PC and now 96w PC... so they should color up nicely.

raciampa you got PM

those look like a different sp of zoanthids, much like the PPE's with shorter "skirts" THose can definately being named eagle eyes. Here's mine

8378eagle_zoa1.jpg

BKtomodachi

Actually, skirt length is very easily changed with current, and probably with lighting. (At least in my, and others, experiences).

lil_clownfish13

id agree with BK, i have some lime green and aqua zoos that i got with short skirts, and even tho they are on the same rock with my orange centers and spotty ones, ever since i put them in the tank at home, the green ones have developed longer fuzzier skirts... the others still have short skirts.

lil_clownfish13

p.s. = Does anyone have any fun zoos like eagle eyes...or other in canada?? I am desperate for some hot zoos! :D PM me :)

Archived