ReefCleaners.org

Plankton??????????????

FUMARCO

I'm pertty new to the hoby, and the only corals i have had so far did not need to be feed, but as i understand some of the sps lps ect. need to be feed some kind of food i think its a Plankton. but theres so manny kind brands ext so sme info would be great thank you.

the following is a list of food/products that has come up when i searched for coral food. some were over 30$ and some were under 5$. do you use any of these? and have you had any bad expreices with any? and what do you think is the best for all types of corals,clams,filter feeders, ext.? thank you:)

Coral Plankton

ZooPlex Invertebrate Foods

Kent Marine Chromaplex Phytoplankton

Phytoplex Phytoplankton

ChromaMax Expert Series Phytoplankton

MarinePlankton

BioPlankton

Invertebrate Smorgasbord

Zooplankton

MarineSnow Plankton Diet

i also posted this in the begner forum area but i wasent sure were it was better off so sorry if it bothers any one

DT's Phytoplankton is what you're going to see ercommended most. I use it and my acros, other SPS, clam, LPS, and anemone are all doing quite well. So it must be doing something. I also have the Kent Marine Micro-Vert that I throw in every once in a while, too. If you're new to the hobby, though, SPS probably aren't the right thing to go with. I'd stick with zoos and ricordias, then move to softies. Then you can upgrade your lighting for SPS and LPS. You can feed an acro all the crap you want, but if you don't have a strong MH over it, what's the use? ???

Just my 2c... Goodnight... ;)

Archived