ReefCleaners.org

Stressed 'Shroom?

Diving Di

Hi everybody --

This is a very new hobby for me, so I'm still asking lots of dumb questions at every turn. Today, I bought my first mushrooms: a single purple one and a single hairy one on separate rocks for $5 each. They looked very happy when I first introduced them into the aquarium (see picture). Then, like a dope, I decided to move them to improve the aquascape. Now the hairy one still looks OK, but it seems a lot more active -- sorta pulsing a little. Could it be detaching from the rock from stress? Any and all info would be much appreciated. TIA!

post-8-1111980979.jpg

Welcome to the hobby! The shrooms probably detracted a bit because of being moved and depending if they were just recently introduced, still getting used to their environment. Most are hardy so no worries by the looks of them.

Originally posted by INNOVATOR

Welcome to the hobby! The shrooms probably detracted a bit because of being moved and depending if they were just recently introduced, still getting used to their environment. Most are hardy so no worries by the looks of them.

Whew. Thanks. I worry about the little devils!

8)

probably pulsing from the current

I don't think they do that on their own:P

When I first started, I couldn't keep these little guys alive :( But that might have been because they were all frags and I had zero success with attaching to LR, but now I got a frilly mushroom rock and LOVE IT! The green looks insane under moonlights

HobokenAddict

IMO, mushroom corals will do whatever they want, none of the mushroom corals I have are in their original spot, they keep moving and reproducing new mushroom corals on their own. Don't be suprised if they move on and a new one shows up. My purplish blue mushroom coral has spawned off four new corals.

Archived